Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ghost Hunt

Ghost Hunt, the super creepy horror anime created by Fuyumi Ono. Nothing more to say, nothing less.

Ghost Hunt is a show that follows a 17 year old boy named Shibuya Kazuya, who owns and runs his own paranormal research facility. His co-worker is a quiet, mysterious guy named Lin. One day, while out doing research in an abandon school, a curious orphan named Mai enters the building where Shibuya and Lin are working. When Mai gets into danger, Lin has to move her out the way, and injures himself in the process. As payback, Shibuya makes Mai work for him while Lin recovers. Mai gives Shibuya the nickname Naru, because of how narcissistic he is. Soon, Naru begins to admire Mai's work and the fact that she has her own gift to have dreams that help with investigations. So Naru decides to hire her full time, even when Lin returns. Soon, they are joined by a monk, Bou, an exorcist, John, a medium, Masako, and a priestess, Ayako. Together, they travel around Japan and solve cases, that most of the time get weird, or dangerous...or both.


Ghost Hunt is, I think, the only anime I've ever seen that was actually scary. This show, in some episodes, is just really creepy, almost to the point of me not watching that specific episode. But, I love it because you don't generally see that in an anime or any cartoon for that matter. Of course, their are always downsides. One thing is you have to either speak Japanese fluently, or be able to read fast to watch it. This is because it has yet to come out in English and probably never will, so you have to read the subtitles...which I think isn't all that bad, but that's just me. I guess you can find it in English somewhere over the internet...but I haven't found it, just a few episodes. Also, this show has no real story line. It's just a week or so with them doing an investigation, then it skips to a few weeks or months later where they go on another one. I personally don't mind this because I think it keeps the show from becoming boring, but other people may not like it so much. Other than those two things I really love this show. It's exciting and spooky and just really fun. Plus, you get to learn all these cool, ghost hunting terms...it's great. So, overall I really love this show, it's one of my favorites and I highly suggest you watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment